A Group Health Insurance scheme named “Swasthyasathi” is announced by the Government of West Bengal vide notification no – 1104-F (P) dated 25th February 2016, which is implementated in the state for larger section of the Society.
A “Swasthyasathi Samity” under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary is formed to govern the scheme.
The main features of the proposed scheme are:-
- 1. The scheme will have basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care up to Rs. 1.5 Lakhs per annum. Paperless,Cashless There will be no cap on the family size.
- 2. Critical illness like, Cancer, Neuro surgeries, cardiothoracic surgeries, liver diseases, blood disorders etc. will be covered up to Rs 5 Lakh.
- 3. All pre-existing diseases will be covered.
- 4. The entire premium will be borne by the State Government with no contribution from the beneficiaries.
- 5. Swathyasathi card to each family and the management of the scheme in paperless IT platform